With a massive 1.86 billion active users on Facebook every day, let’s agree that Facebook isn’t slowing down in terms of number and reach. Advertising on Facebook is unavoidable if you want to make a mark in your industry through Social media marketing. Facebook provides a business with huge opportunity if utilized successfully will turn into gold mine in years to come.
If you are into business, you would realize that there are two rules of marketing:
- It is to be done
- It would cost money.
There are no free lunches in the world, and you need to understand that spending money on Facebook ads is not a cost, rather an investment for your business. Here are a few more reasons to impart Facebook advertising in your marketing strategy.
- You can Spend less and gain more: Facebook provides you with the flexibility of spending as less a $1 per day to boost your posts to reach thousands of people in a particular area. Compared to other options Facebook offers to cheaper Cost per click and Cost per impression rates and a better reach.
- Targeted Marketing: Unlike any banner or hoardings, Facebook allows you to show your ads to people who fit your customer persona. People who are most likely going to purchase your products/services.
- Multiple criteria for target audience: Unlike Adwords, facebook doesn’t show ads based on keywords or search criteria. They show ads based on the audience’s interests, locality, age, gender etc. So, if you have a potential customer criteria noted down, it’s very easy to reach them. For ex: you want to target women from Delhi who are going to get married for bridal collections of your store, through Facebook, you can specifically target women between 20-30 age group, who liked other pages related to wedding business and are from Delhi. This way, your ads will have more clicks and conversions.
- Facebook has flexibility: On Facebook you can choose the type of bids you want to have, currently we have 4 options. They are –
- Cost per mille (CPM) – You pay for reach, and pay for thousand impressions. If your marketing goal is to reach to as many people as you can to tell you exist, this is the best option to choose.
- Cost per click (CPC) – If you want your users to click on your ad to reach your landing page, this is the best alternative to go with it.
- Optimized cost per mille (oCPM) – Facebook will show your ads to the audience which they believe who could take action on your ad.
- Cost per action (CPA) – The best choice when you want more conversions on your ads. You can use these kind of bids to boost the kind of actions you want.
- Facebook has massive user base: With 17% growth every year, Facebook has close to 2 billion active users. With such a gigantic scale, you can guarantee to reach your potential customers regardless of whatever business you are in.
- Easy tracking: Facebook enables you with a dashboard with which you can track how your campaign is doing. You will be able to see how many times your ad was shown, no. of times people saw your ad (reach) and no. of times they have seen your ad (frequency). This way you’ll know where your money is spent.
- Calculation of ROI is simple: Facebook shows you exactly what you got out of your campaign. It’s easier to analyze the metrics, understand how users responded and reacted to your ad. Through Facebook, you can measure the ROI easily compared to any other means of marketing. Make it a habit to spend certain time understanding how your adverts are performing and test out different A/B methods of ads and target audience to find out what method works the best and gives you the highest ROI.
- Facebook leads have higher value: 30% customers said that they have purchased stuff online after seeing the ad on Facebook. Advertising on Facebook means acquiring high quality leads who might take interest in your products and services.
- Gain edge with mobile users: 80% people access internet over mobile devices. Facebook Adverts give you an edge with mobile users as most of them get their information through social media. Especially if your product is an app which you’re promoting, conversions in terms of downloads can happen easily on mobile devices.
- 10. Outdo your competition: Despite knowing how important Facebook marketing is to brands, a lot of brands haven’t invested in adverts. Don’t make a rookie mistake and plan your Facebook marketing strategy from the very beginning to gain a competitive advantage over other businesses in your industry.
Have queries on how to implement a Facebook Advertising campaign? Ask us. Want to share your experience? Leave your comments and feedback below.