In the last few years web design has undergone a lot of transformation. SEO algorithms are continuously updated and it became very essential to keep up with the trends of the industry to constantly stay ahead of competition. If you want more people visiting your website, the website should be built in such a way that favors both SEO and User experience. To make the visitors, come back to your website, you need to make a solid first impression on your visitors. According to the statistics, website visitors make judgments about website credibility in as little as 50 milliseconds, and one in five website visitors will leave your website, not giving you a second chance.
Staying in tune with the latest web development trends makes it easy to create a website that will impress your audience, and will hold users attention for the first crucial 10 seconds, and beyond. Almost every new client asks us these days for a mobile version of their website. Nowadays the websites need to be made for more than one device and more than one resolution, that’s why the website needs a responsive design. Here are the current trends to keep you updated. These are in line with the local market trends in Delhi, Gurgaon, and Noida as well so the next time you want to hire a web development company in Gurgaon; these tips might come in handy.
- Let your layout be content friendly: In the last few years we have seen a great change in people’s view on design’s role in business. Design has shifted from an “optimization” stage where designers swooped in to sprinkle on some “pretty” like mystical fairy dust to a real competitive advantage. Most captivating element of that development is the shift back towards quality content: the heart and soul of the web. We realized that people visit the web for information, not for some pretty design. This paved way to web application designs and layouts which make the content shine; A sleek, clutter free design, where users and spiders (Search engine crawlers) alike find what they came for – relevant content. If you want to redesign your existing website, we suggest a focusing on what’s important by mapping key customer journeys. If you are building a website from scratch, consider wireframes, sitemaps and top tasks as your starting point. Prioritize clarity over absolute completeness.
- Co-ordination between designers and developers: The best of the web projects don’t succeed through good design or development team alone—they also need communication and collaboration between designers and developers. Responsive design means more variables and more deliverables—which can translate to more problems. Sometimes designers buffer out the developers from product meetings, discussion sessions, or any other opportunities for feedback. That’s a mistake. Experienced developers have a heap of applicable knowledge. They might help you with the intimate knowledge of the product if they’ve worked with it for a while. Also, developers need to communicate what exactly is needed from the designer’s end to keep the project responsive, user friendly and in sync with the customer requirements.
- More personality and bolder colors: Are you one of the people who think that subtle colors work best for a professional website? Well, brace yourself; it has been observed that during these few years, designers sought ways to infuse more personality into their design work that still worked with stripped-down aesthetics. As a result of which, brighter and bolder colors are involved in the design. If you want a splash of good design with simple layouts, don’t be afraid to experiment with bold colors.
- More Animation: Animation has always been an essential part in our digital interfaces, and it’s foolish to think that’ll subside in 2017. In fact, as designers get more and more visual tools to help them build engaging and smile-sparking animations, we’re sure to see them become both more prominent and more refined. Increasing number of our clients ask us to include animation and rich media in their website.
- Chat bots are going to stay: Customer service is the element which earns trust and share of wallet of your customer; hence a lot of businesses in the industry are focusing on the chat bots – the next big thing for information management and customer service. In one example, if your customers have to wait long for support, it can become the worst nightmare for your business. Chat bots can mitigate customer service agents, by helping with basic, repeatable customers’ queries that often appear in the FAQ section. A lot of users agree that chat bots helped them take informed decisions and induce a seamless web interaction. Also, it has been noted by many of our clients that including a chat bot has a direct effect on sales as well.
*All images are the property of the respective companies. So, do you think you should include these features in your website? Your thoughts are welcome in the comments section.