The wave of digitalization has led the mobile to capture nearly all areas of our life. From entertainment to shopping, name the sector and there’s an app for it. Not only has it made life easy but speedy as well!
Business and technology sectors have gone under a digital transformation and have emerged revolutionised. With all sectors adopting smartphones and mobile devices, there are some mind boggling numbers across the industry for mobile users. In other words, no longer is the use of mobile phones restricted to periphery inquisitiveness. On the contrary, in a variety of sectors, it has become the need of the hour.
Not only businesses, but the education sector is both growing and evolving with the advent of technology. Technology is not only changing the methodology of teaching but also the way kids are learning these days.
A quick look at present-day
The usage pattern of mobile devices among kids and teenagers in conjunction with the ever-evolving requirement of students has brought about a change.
At present, most institutions, learning centres, tutorial centres and individual educators make use of and greatly depend on mobile apps. From kids who study at the primary level to those in pursuance of secondary or higher education, apps have become an indispensable requisite to all.
With the introduction of mobile apps, the entire learning process has been transformed and is now more interactive and intuitive. This has made the whole learning experience into a fun filled affair.
What has made mobile apps spread like wildfire and gain such tremendous popularity? Read below to know.
- Widely used – Mobile phones are used widely among students. From being a status symbol, phones have now metamorphosed into a vital access point for engagement, service and learning. Today students depend on their phones for a variety of reasons – text message, calls, social media, E-mail, etc. In this world which is ‘always-connected’ using this channel for school communication is imperative.
- Customization – Every educational institution has its own set of teaching modules, a method of training, goals, etc. and apps offer the option to make them customizable. This makes it far easier to incorporate features which match the institution’s definitive requirements. If these apps are focused on learning as well as including additional features which enable students to navigate the campus system or communicate with staff, it’s an added bonus!
- Distributing study material – The distribution of study material will be far easier when distribution occurs through the app. This will ensure that all students, even those who missed class will get the required study material in order to be prepared for exams or the next class.
- Assessment of projects and assignments – With mobile apps, gone are the days where you need to submit work when you are present at the educational institution. In simple words, mobile apps allow students to submit their work through the app and teachers can correct it through the app – on the go!
- Instant update – Outbound communication about matters pertaining to campus events, payments, alerts and also other time-sensitive information can be conveyed through the app. Even information such as re-scheduling of time tables, campus maps, staff directories etc. can be available at student’s fingertips.
- 24/7 availability – Not only can they access the mobile app at any given time but also from anywhere in the world. Now learning is always on the go and at any given time.
- Interactive – Mobile apps are interactive. They get the child to unleash the creative side while simultaneously imparting knowledge. Activities like word-building, spot the difference and puzzles help in the above-mentioned.
- Utilisation of free-time – No parent likes to see their child while away time. Instead of whiling away time, letting the child use mobile apps will help in learning as well as having fun; hence, effective utilisation of time.
- Customised learning – No two people have similar habits. Similarly, learning too is different for everyone. Through mobile apps, learning can be customised to suit your need and requirement. You can learn at your pace and time and in the method which you feel comfortable with.
- High engagement – Due to the interactive nature and attractive design, the approach and the way students look at learning has changed. Students are highly engaged and constantly learning.
The education system is breaking out of the traditional ways of dispensing information and is bringing about a radical change in the way teachers are teaching and students are learning. In this day and age of technology, mobile apps are emerging as a critical part of the education system for students to learn effectively.